Thursday, August 22, 2013

Feeling nostalgic...

I was going through some of my older posts this morning when I re-read this poem.... it bought back a lot of memories from my childhood and thought it deserved a post of its own.   Can you remember when....?


I Remember

I remember the cheese of my childhood
and the bread that was cut with a knife.
The children all helped with the housework
and the man went to work not the wife.

The cheese never needed an ice chest
the bread it was crusty and hot.
The children always seemed happy
and the wife was content with her lot.

I remember the milk from the billy
with that lovely cream on the top.
The dinners straight from the oven
and not from the fridge in the shop.

The children were a lot more contented
they didn't need money for kicks.
Games with their mates in the paddock
and sometimes the Saturday flicks.

I remember the shop on the corner
where a pennyworth of lollies were sold.
Do you think i'm a bit too nostalgic
or is it i'm just getting old.




No comments:

Post a Comment